Permitintel system requirements
Permitintel licensing model
Q. What type of petroleum titles can be managed in Permitintel?
A. Any kind of licence or type of work permit in the oil and gas industry, from anywhere in the world, can be managed in Permitintel. This means that your prospecting, exploration / appraisal and production / development licences, oil and gas leases, production sharing contracts and all ancillary licences such as facility / infrastructure licences, pipeline licences etc can be managed in one place.
Q. What type of obligations can be managed in Permitintel?
Government approvals: Permitintel can be used to manage conditions associated with your oil and gas approvals and approved plans as well as any other type of government approval. This provides a central place to manage obligations from any source such as environmental approvals, building and construction permits, drilling approvals, HSE etc.
Contracts: Permitintel can be used to manage your joint venture agreements, farm-in/farm-out agreements, confidentiality agreements, goods and services agreements, product sales agreements, access arrangements, land and property/native title agreements and any other type of contract.
Company requirements: Your company policies, processes and procedures can be managed in Permitintel.
Standards etc: Any other requirements and commitments from, for example, ISO or other standards or codes of practice etc. can be managed in Permitintel.
Q. What type of risks can be managed in Permitintel?
A. Permitintel can be used to manage any type of risk, from strategic and enterprise risks through to operational risks. This includes health and safety risks, environmental risks and contractual risks.
Q. If I use Permitintel, will I meet the requirements of ISO Standards such as ISO 19600 (Compliance Management Systems), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems), ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety), ISO 31000 (Risk Management) and other ISO standards?
A. ISO 19600 and other ISO standards describe an organisational commitment to develop, implement and continuously improve compliance management and other systems. In the introduction to ISO 19600, it is noted that in a number of jurisdictions the courts have considered an organisation's commitment to compliance through its compliance management system when determining appropriate penalties for non-compliance. Permitintel demonstrates a comprehensive and considered approach to compliance management across the organisation. Some aspects of the ISO standards are outside of the scope of any software (such as governance-related matters) but software can, and Permitintel does, demonstrate conformance with key elements of the ISO standards for compliance management and other systems in a number of ways such as:
- Permitintel demonstrates leadership and commitment by top management in ensuring the integration of the compliance management system into the organisation's business processes and establishing accountability mechanisms, including reporting on compliance and non-compliance.
- Permitintel supports the compliance function in setting in place a compliance reporting and documenting system and providing employees with access to resources on compliance procedures and references.
- Permitintel can be used to record and access documented information relating to the compliance management system.
- Compliance obligations (both requirements and commitments) can be added and managed in Permitintel.
- Compliance obligations are recorded in Permitintel in a way that is central and visible across the organisation, sites and teams as appropriate.
- Permitintel's activity-based compliance management manages the implications of compliance obligations on the organisation's activities, products and services.
- Regulatory changes can be managed and tracked in Permitintel and additionally Permitintel can provide a regulatory updating service.
- Permitintel reduces the risk of non-compliance by pro-actively managing compliance obligations related to business activities.
- Reporting on compliance status and the status of corrections and corrective actions is made simple in Permitintel.
- Compliance obligations can be linked to existing risks or new risks can be immediately identified, assessed and managed in Permitintel's Risk module.
- Recurring tasks can be added for periodic review of compliance and other risks (eg monthly, quarterly etc).
Q. Can Permitintel be used outside of the Oil and Gas industry?
A. Every sector has its own unique set of requirements. In oil and gas management it is important to understand the different requirements of the energy regulators and it is the reflection of the regulatory framework in Permitintel that makes it such a valuable tool. We are currently working hard to bring the same level of smarts we have delivered for the oil and gas industry to other industries. Ask us for a demonstration of how we can help you better manage compliance in your sector.
Q. What makes Permitintel a smarter compliance management tool?
A. Permitintel was developed by oil and gas industry experts to manage the complex regulatory requirements relating to petroleum exploration and production activities. Often there are numerous government agencies requiring information and approvals under a plethora of oil and gas regulations relating to licensing, health and safety and environmental requirements. By bringing these oil and gas laws and regulations together in an activity-based tool, compliance management can be confidently handled by your operational teams, not just compliance experts and lawyers. Moreover, your joint venture requirements as you go, and company processes and procedures can be integrated to deliver a complete picture of the obligations associated with a particular activity and create your compliance audit trail.
Q. What is oil and gas RegTech?
A. Regulatory Technology, or RegTech for short, is the use of technology by companies to help manage the wide range of regulatory and compliance issues they face. Whilst RegTech originated in the financial services sector, it is now seen as a critical tool in many sectors that have a heavy involvement from regulators.
As monitoring, reporting and regulatory requirements grow in complexity within the oil and gas sector, RegTech is allowing petroleum companies to respond with technology solutions that are highly accessible and provide real time information. This reduces the risks of compliance breaches, whether they be permit, health and safety or environment based, allows for better decision making, and provides confidence to shareholders, the community and government agencies.
Permitintel's functionality has been built around providing a RegTech solution specifically for the oil and gas sector.
Q. What IT requirements are there for using Permitintel?
A. As a cloud-based system, Permitintel is an oil and gas software tool that is accessed via a web browser. This means that there are virtually no IT requirements or needs in terms of support from your IT teams and resources.
Q. How is Permitintel hosted?
A. Permitintel is hosted in Microsoft Azure's cloud hosting environment. Our primary data centre is located in Australia East. Our disaster recovery instance is located in Australia South East. Alternative hosting options are available upon request.
Q. Is Permitintel licensed by user?
A. No, Permitintel is licenced enterprise-wide, ensuring all relevant personnel can have easy access to compliance information. This reduces the risk of having only a few people with knowledge of critical organisational data and information.
Q. Can Permitintel be used in our operating location(s)?
A. Permitintel can be used to manage your Oil & Gas assets in any location. Regulatory requirements vary from location to location, but with Permitintel, regulations specific to your assets can be entered, monitored and tracked